Sunday, November 30, 2014

forms - Splitting credit card number fields into four different inputs


I have previously been using 4 fields for the credit card number, splitting up each set of 4 numbers to make it easier to enter.


I am now thinking about having one field, which inserts spaces after every set of numbers instead:


single field with spaces between groups of four digits, and old field with four separate boxes


For the one with 4 fields, the cursor jumps to the next field automatically.


Which format is preferred? Or are there any other better alternatives?


I only accept Visa, Mastercard and Discovery, with 16 and 17 digits.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...