Monday, March 27, 2017

adobe illustrator - Rounded corner shape with rounded sides


I'm struggling to make the below shape in illustrator:


screenshot


Rounded corner rectangles are easy but I'm not sure how to round the sides easily as well. I would want these shapes to be easy to re-size ideally. Can anyone nudge me in the right direction?




Answer



Effect > Stylize > Round Corners (or use the Rounded Rectangle Tool)


Then apply Effect > Warp > Inflate.


inflate


Or....



  • Draw a square

  • Draw a circle larger than the square

  • Rotate the Circle 45°

  • Select square and circle and choose Object > Blend > Make


  • Now choose Object > Blend > Blend Options set the drop down to Specified Steps and add steps until you see the shape you want and then click OK.

  • Object > Expand Appearance

  • Object > Ungroup

  • Delete the shapes you don't need.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...