Thursday, March 30, 2017

adobe illustrator - How to make an irregular blended circle effect?


enter image description here



I am trying to create an effect like this one in Illustrator, but I haven't been able to achieve a great result. I would really appreciate a little help, even if it is just the name of the effect. Also, if it is easier in another tool like photoshop, please let me know.


I have mostly tried a combination of the blend and warp tools. I haven't had any other ideas, or any luck googling.



Answer



On a gradient square background, draw an irregular closed shape with no fill and a thin stroke. My shape has a small feather effect.


enter image description here


Double click on the Rotate Tool > 1ยบ > Copy


enter image description here


Duplicate until getting the first wheel > select all the vectors and group them.


enter image description here


Add another wheel group, the image is just a rotated duplication



enter image description here


Create a second similar shape but thicker, on the image has an outer glow effect the same color as the stroke.


enter image description here


Make the same duplicating process but less repetitions


enter image description here


Make three aleatory rotate/duplicate of the thick wheel, select all the wheels and reduce the opacity.


Final


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...