Thursday, March 23, 2017

Multiple input boxes on a search form - And/Or Functionality



I am looking at redesigning a search form, which has multiple cases of ‘And/Or’ in between 6 different input boxes.


So a user must enter at least 1 piece of search criteria, but may enter up to 7 if he/she wishes.


Ideally, I would like to house them within one search box, with a drop down menu for different category searches. (mentioned on this similar post here).


This solves the ‘or’ part of the functionality, but am wondering how can I also implement the ‘And’ function in a similar type solution.


I did not like the idea of adding extensive notes to search bar and some of the search criteria is quite unique: Name, Location, Application Number, Date Application was received, Date Decision was made etc


Has anyone got any good examples of this in use or came across similar design problems in the past?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...