Monday, March 13, 2017

Exporting individual layers in Photoshop, keeping their sizes


I‘m trying to export individual layers in Photoshop as PNGs, keeping their size. So if I have a layer that is 200×200 in a composition that is 1000×1000, I want to export just that layer as a PNG at 200×200. Is it possible?



Answer



I'm not sure this question is on-topic, but it's the first question on the site, so here we go:


What you're looking for are layer based slices.




  1. Select the layers you want to export, go to Layer > New Layer Based Slice(s)

  2. Go to File > Save for Web & Devices...

  3. When saving, choose "All User Slices"


If you have overlapping layers, which you will have more often than not, you might have to repeat the process a few times, hiding certain layers each time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...