Friday, November 10, 2017

adobe illustrator - How can I make a gradient go around a compound path?


I want a gradient to go around a compound path, like so:


enter image description here


     not necessarily a hexagon, but any compound path


You can notice how the gradient is one continuous gradient that goes around the object (not straight, not radial)





To make this, is quite an annoying process;




  • I have to have it as a stroke (doesn't work on a paths fill)




  • I have to add in an extra color (whatever is the end of my gradient) to make it blend properly (also has to be aligned perfectly or it looks off)




  enter image description here



If I need to change the "end color" there's a whole process in changing both.




I'm hoping there's an easier way to do this.


My concept




  • A circular gradient (not radial - which is still linear)




  • The idea is, just like a circle - there's no end, it's always blending with it's neighboring color(s):





enter image description here




Does something like this exist?


Would this be a practical thing for Adobe to incorporate* or is it not plausible due to limitations. (It seems pretty straightforward to my uneducated brain).


*If so, why haven't they done it yet?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...