Tuesday, November 14, 2017

transparency - Photoshop: How to make background transparent without affecting image quality?



I'm really new to Photoshop, but I use Indesign and Illustrator regularly. I have a picture of a product (books basically) that have a white background and I need that background to be transparent. I used the quick selection tool to select all the white space, then selected the inverse, cut and paste into a new file with a transparent background. When I do this the image ends up looking different-- kinda grainy, ragged edges. What is the best way to change the background to transparent without losing the image quality?



Here are links to the photos


Original:


enter image description here


source


After trying to remove background:


enter image description here


source




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...