Saturday, November 11, 2017

usability - Like vs "Did you find this review helpful?"


For a site like IMDB in which users write reviews, is it preferable to allow users "Like" a review( e.g. goodreads.com) or answer "y/n" to the question "Did you find this review helpful?"?



Answer



I think "Did you find this review is more helpful" is more precise, and attempts to solve the disconnect between negative sentiment and a "like" action. In other words, a user may really dislike a product or dislike a reviewer's writing style, quality, etc. but at the end of the day, the review was helpful in their decision whether or not to purchase the product. So the user can comfortably say "this helped me" even if they can't say "I liked this"


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...