Thursday, November 24, 2016

adobe photoshop - How to produce a blurred abstract (frosted glass) background like this?


I have been seeing these blurred backgrounds all over the place, so I would like to know the exact steps how to reproduce something like this . What I can imagine, is that they first blurred an image/gradient with a gaussian blur. But there has to be something more to it, right ?


enter image description here


+) How do I correctly use a gradient instead of a picture?



Answer



I created a similar effect with the Gaussian Blur tool in Photoshop set to a 60 px radius.


enter image description here enter image description here


Of course, you can do this with any photo where you like the color shifts, your sample reminded me of a beach, so I found a beach photo on Wikimedia.


Another way you can do it is by creating the shapes you want and then applying a Gaussian blur to them:


enter image description here enter image description here



No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...