Monday, August 24, 2015

client relations - Customer Requests (Sometimes) Drive Me Bonkers!


Like lots of you, I do freelance graphic design and content creation (copywriting and traditional artwork, some photography) and generally I have no issue with customer requests and/or complaints, or 'reasonable' artwork changes. HOWEVER...


SOMETIMES my customers make requests/demands that are the very essence of bad-to-horrible design. I acquiesce, but not very happily, and at such times try to remember that ultimately, the customer is always right, at least (and maybe especially?) in those areas that concern what they want for the job.


Still, I have to ask myself, is the customer always right? After all, aren't I the artist, and the one they hired for expertise in such matters?


How did the artisans of the Renaissance deal with this situation? (And what version of Adobe did they use way back then, anyway?)




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...