Thursday, August 27, 2015

UI design for multiple attribute based filtering


I have a movie dataset. The dataset contains movie's attributes like title, actors, directors, imdb rating etc. I am working on a web app which enables user to apply filters on the dataset. For eg the user can filter movies on any attribute of movie:




  • Actor = Leonardo Dicaprio Or,

  • Genre = horror


And on any combination of these attributes:



  • Actor = Leonardo Di Caprio AND Genre = horror AND imdb rating > 7 OR tomato meter >85 %


So,there can be any dynamic combination of these filters.


My question is how do I let users define these dynamic filters? Do you have some example sites doing this in awesome way ?





No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...