Monday, August 31, 2015

technique - How to create suspense in a very short story?


I wrote a short story (900-1000 words) about a character presenting some election process and at the end, we learn that



he got elected.



The problem that I have is that the suspense in that story lasts about as long as you needed to hover over the spoiler part.


For the future, I am wondering what techniques I could use to keep the conclusion somewhat a surprise, or at least make it less certain?


I thought about adding some red herrings, but due to the length of the story, it isn't very simple without losing myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...