Sunday, April 17, 2016

education - Certificate Programs vs. An Associates Degree


My question is one to be debated.


I am currently working as a marketing assistant with many design responsibilities. I have grown to love this and wish to take my career in this direction. Here is the problem: I have no real college experience. I am however very fortunate to be located in a city that has many opportunities to remedy this issue.


I have come across a great program at The New England School of Art and Design (at Suffolk University) that offers a certificate program in Graphic Design. My hope is that a certificate from a respected institution coupled with my work experience will be all that I need to kick-start my carer in graphic design. I do worry that will simply not be the case, that I could be overlooked and have wasted money as a result.


As design professionals, which weighs heavier in the hiring process: a certificate or an associates degree?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...