Friday, April 22, 2016

Novelizing non-fiction, is it worth it?


There are a few lifestyle subjects where I feel I need to write non-fiction books.


The problem is that in these fields, most of what is published is 101 intro manuals, while my takes to the field are mostly for advanced practitioners.


If I do write them as non-fiction, I probably would have to include 101 basics, before delving into the specialized notions.


Also, I am not sure that an explanatory text, perorating a theoretical lecture, is the best medium for convey my contribution on these subjects.


I though that maybe it would be better to show instead of telling by having a character who is a practitioner of these subjects. The protagonist would reach these “advanced” notions, or realizations, through the dramatization of the story.


The goal is of course to reach the most people, so specialized non-fiction or dramatized novel?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...