Friday, April 15, 2016

publishing - How to express copyright when you use a pen name


I am about to self-publish my first novel using a pen name. I will be registering the copyright this week.


My question is, on the first page of the novel where you put all the publishing/copyright info, should I say that the novel is copyright of my pen name, in order to protect my true identity?


Example, let's say my real name is Jane Smith and my pen name is Denise Smithers. I will register the copyright with the copyright office using my real name (but will also write what my pen name is), but I don't want to put that on the book as I want that kept private.



If I write (c) Denise Smithers, will that imply that the copyright belongs to the actual person behind the pen name?


I know that the copyright belongs to me anyway, but I still want to add that copyright line to my novel.


Any advice would be appreciated!




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...