Saturday, April 9, 2016

style - Eliminating repetitive “which was ... ” statements at the end of sentences


I have noticed lately, that when I write letters describing things I've done recently, I default too often to sentences that look like "We did such-and-such, which was really great." I notice that I often have to append the "which..." to almost every event description, just to get the point across that I enjoyed something. Is there a better way to go about this, or a fix to this fundamental problem?


I know there is this idea of show, don't tell, at least when it comes to writing a story, but I'm not sure how to apply that here usually.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...