Sunday, April 17, 2016

print design - How do I edit my CMYK greens to output as brightly as possible?


enter image description hereConverting my photoshop work from RGB to CMYK to send to print. Found out today that RGB has a much broader and vibrant colour array than CMYK.


Trying to edit the values, saturation, brightness, exposure etc. to make my greens look even REMOTELY close to what I want. All I've been told is "you'll never get CMYK to look like RGB" which is fine, except for nearly every magazine and booklet I have at home has the vivid, vibrant greens and blues I want. How?



It's very frustrating especially seeing as I've only learned this 3 days before I need to have it printed.


I've searched the values for lime green with CMYK with were C - 70 & Y - 100 (in reality I want it a bit darker than that) but it just comes out as a murky khaki colour on my screen.


The green on the left is the colour I get in RGB. The other two are the colours I've managed to replicate. However, I have at least 6 brochures/booklets at the side of me which all have that bright green colour on the left in them. So why can't I get that colour? Is there a difference between screen and print due to the way the models work? I'm a novice to this and it's all a bit confusing! Thank you




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...