Sunday, October 30, 2016

How to cut a large photo into a grid of smaller photos automatically in Photoshop?


Is there a way, maybe a script, that would help me cut an image into say 50 images?


I have a massive panorama I would like to print on normal stock photo paper and I am using Photoshop.


The output of this operation needs to be images, not PDFs, not printer. There is still work to be done with each of these cut-outs later.


How can I slice a large image into many smaller images with an automated, or relatively fast method?



Answer




No need for a script (yet), I found a simple way. Hope it helps someone else too.
If you want all the cutouts / slices to be of same size and cover whole image, resize or crop base image accordingly.



  1. Create one big slice, containing the whole image.

  2. Right click on the slice icon in the top left corner.

  3. Choose Divide Slice and define into how many slices do you want to divide your image, or set the size of each sub-slice.

  4. Hit ok.

  5. File > Save for web > Save: Make sure "Save all slices" is selected in the dialog.

  6. Profit



No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...