Sunday, October 23, 2016

mobile - Social network login or not?


I am developing a niche social networking iPhone app of my own.



I was wondering if it would be best to allow the user to connect to social networks such as Facebook and Twitter to login to my app (and of course an eMail/Password fallback) or just go with regular eMail and Password login.


Any thoughts would be appreciated! :)



Answer



You should offer both.


When presented with the option of using an existing major account or creating a new account specific to the system, many people will opt to create a new account.


There are pros and cons to each, but there is no reason not to offer them both.


This is what StackExchange does.


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...