Tuesday, October 4, 2016

How can I export an image from Illustrator image at multiple sizes?


I am new to Adobe Illustrator and I have a logo image which I need to use in 5 or 6 different sizes. The logo image was created in Adobe Illustrator, but when I try to save the image to PNG or JPEG what should have been simple turns out to be very complicated.


I understand that Adobe Illustrator wants to treat the image as a certain size, and then wants to multiply that size by a pixels per inch scale factor to result in the actual number of pixels that it saves. It has a few limited scale factor choices which give a very limited set of resulting output pixel sizes.


However for many web uses the user already knows the output pixel dimensions that are needed. Is there a way of just specifiying either the pixel width or height of the saved graphic which is needed?



I have seen suggestions to export the image and then use Photoshop to resize it, but that results in a poorer image quality vs. creating the final image from the vector image.



Answer



File > Save for Web and then enter the pixel dimensions by clicking the Image Size tab on the right of the Save for Web window.


Or am I not understanding you correctly?


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...