Wednesday, October 19, 2016

website design - How do Windows users interact with scrolling panes?


Let's say there's a website with a row of gallery thumbnails you can click on. It looks like this:


enter image description here


As a Mac user having always used either some sort of trackpad (built into the MacBook, or a Magic Trackpad) or even Magic/Mighty Mouse where you can scroll in all directions, my gut is to move the mouse over the images and scroll horizontally.


What about Windows users, though? I wonder if their first reaction is either:



  1. Where the heck are the scrollbars?! I give up.

  2. Ah I see there are more images out of the view, I'll just scroll horizontally.


My goal is to make it obvious and intuitive for all users, regardless of platform.





No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...