Tuesday, October 4, 2016

gui design - What is the Button's Unpressed and Unhovered State Called?


What is the proper name of the state for a button that is not hovered and not pressed?


I need it to properly describe this state in the code comments, named constants, etc.


I first used the word "Normal State", then thought about "Idle State", but don't like both.




Answer



I usually use the term neutral state in my code. "Default" doesn't capture the idea for me because a disabled or active state could be the "default" for certain elements, as @Devin noted. I prefer to reserve "default" for situations where there is an actual initial value of some kind associated with an element.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...