Monday, October 10, 2016

gui design - Changing Colour of Social Media buttons to match Colour Palette


I'm interested in getting opinions on changing the colour of social media buttons (facebook/twitter/linkedin sign-up and login as well as sharing) to better fit in with the colour pallet of our website.


Do you think the effectiveness of these buttons is reduced if the relevant social network is identified only by it's logo, without the corresponding colour?


My gut would tell me that the colour gives the user an additional visual queue and lets us leverage the social brand?


Smashing Magazine using established color values VS Codrops website color values used rather than established icon colors




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...