Thursday, October 13, 2016

typography - Should I be concerned about optimal font size for a particular font


I am aware that certain fonts, are designed for use at certain sizes, at least in the physical print world. They make uses of things like Ink Traps to prevent running.


With type for the digital world, I believe I have read that some OpenType fonts contain different glyphs for use at different sizes. (I might have imagined this). Also, do certain fonts have a certain size they look best at? If this is true, how can I find out what Sizes they are designed for use at? (I guess this would be in the OpenType meta data right?)




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...