Sunday, April 8, 2018

adobe illustrator - How to modify path width?


I have this image of a heart:


favorite.svg


and this image of a back arrow:



back.svg


I would like to modify the line width of the back arrow to match the line width of the heart. Any ideas on how I can accomplish this in illustrator?



Answer



If the artwork was just a stroked path, @Scott would be right. But from what I can see when I look at the SVG files, they are filled shapes:


See the nodes in the corners? See the nodes in the corners?


So you will need to Offset the path by a negative amount:


Object -> Path -> Offset Path enter image description here


To end up with a thin arrow enter image description here


Or, just scale down the arrow until it has the appearance of line thickness that you like, but it won't be at the original size anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...