Sunday, April 8, 2018

data - What is a good broker for HFT?


Currently I trade trough IB. I run my HFT strategies (100 roundtrips per hour) but I think that latency is killing me and my profits are shrinking. I need the fastest possible brokers out there which meet the following requirements:



  1. Willing to deal with small accounts (50k). Hence lime is off the table.

  2. Has Java api (or it's easy to buy third party api for it)

  3. Can trade futures

  4. Offers colocation (US and EU)

  5. Offers data feed


  6. Can run on unix box



Answer



Look at Genesis Trading. Most of the sales guys there are kinda like used car salesmen but they will work with you. Starting up with 50K should not be a problem for them. The offer full depth of book feeds if you are colocated with them.


They do offer DMA and you can specify all routing instructions for your orders rather than getting stuck on IBs router.


You are not doing HFT but don't get discouraged. If your executions are not good and you are getting lots of slippage it may be due to IB.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...