Friday, April 20, 2018

adobe illustrator - How to export SVG without lines, polylines and polygons?



In illustrator I have made a complex shape and when I export it I get this (I copied a bit of this, its not the entire image as its about 700 lines :P )













and some paths. How can I export just as paths? I want sections so I do not require the entire vector to be a path. It also exports the css styles, how do I to turn these off?



Answer



It's very easy. The only thing you need is to convert those primitives (polygons, lines, etc) from paths into compound paths by clicking Cmd + 8 Mac or Ctrl + 8 Win.


Here's a short screencast to show the process in action: http://quick.as/k6o0h5o3r


I wouldn't recommend to expand the appearance because in this case you will lose an ability to change a stroke width in SVG.


Hope this will help you :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...