Sunday, April 1, 2018

InDesign - exporting PDF and viewing it in proof colours?


I exported a PDF from InDesign CS5 - it worked well, no issues with the program or the output of the PDF. My problem relates to color - this area's fairly new to me.


My OS is Mac OS X 10.6.7 Snow Leopard, if that's of any use.


When exporting, I selected ISOnewspaperv264 and it worked - but, here's the kicker - it didn't display as it in Acrobat Pro, except when I previewed it.


I had to use Output Preview to see it as ISOnewspaperv264, then convert colors to output intent ISOnewspaperv264 to get it to look like a printed publication and not in Acrobat Pro's default setting of Monitor Color (I don't really want to mess up the Acrobat settings, since it's a shared computer, not just me who uses the program!)


How would I in InDesign/Acrobat get it to view similar to the printed version upon export? I know in InDesign I can use view Overprint Preview, Proof Colors but I'm new to this area of digital/desktop publishing so any help would be required.





No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...