Sunday, April 15, 2018

lists - Two step selection in windows phone 7



How to display this two step selection dialog in a native way in WP7:



  1. States (in my case approximately 40 entries)

  2. Cities (in my case 1-15 entries)


Here are my thoughts I want to discuss with you guys. You probably won't be able to read the descriptions. So, check the source on gdocs. Feel free to make changes. (I still keep a read only version.)


alt text


Will the word "states" irritate my users?


Details to Quick Jump Selection



Answer




I think D is the most appropriate choice and most "WP7-like" and is also going to give the best perceived performance to the user. In the solutions where all of the states and all of their cities are loaded at once you are loading much more data in one go.


Something that I've implemented in WP7 apps for similar "wizard" style interfaces is to use two separate lists and to animate between the two instead of actually navigating to a separate page. That way, you only load the data that's needed when it's needed, but the user doesn't have to wait for the page navigation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...