Monday, April 9, 2018

website design - How can I manually create a pixel perfect image sprite?


I want to use one of the Adobe Creative Suite 5 programs to create an image sprite of all the small icons and images on my webpages.


I've done it a number of times before in Photoshop but can't quite get every icon to be at the exact coordinates I intend them to be at.


The last method I used was to explicitly define the correct size of each as a shape, and use snap-to and line guides to line them all up where I want each image, and then insert the images and hide the shapes.


This takes a little while and to my dismay, there always seems to be something that's a pixel or two out of place, messing with my beautiful site designs.


What method can I use to set up a grid of images with varying sizes to be at specific coordinates?



Which of the Adobe CS5 Programs has the best functionality for this?


and a loosely relevant side question..


For the purpose of rendering in a browser as fast as possible, should the images be lined up vertically, horizontally or in a roughly equal sided rectangle?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...