Sunday, April 15, 2018

copyright - Should graphic artists be scared at all about anyone stealing their artworks?


Are you guys scared at all about anyone stealing your art? What should designers do about it if it happens?


I want to post my own art at Instagram or Deviant, now that I'm improving but all the time I hear of people saying that some guy stole their art and posted it as his own and stuff like that, and I want to show my art to get critiques and advice but I don't really want someone to do that to me.


Someone told me use watermark but Watermark is not helpful for me. For example i will remove dredd from stock photo :(


Stock Image Free to use its just an example guys ;)




So Watermark is not Helpful.



Answer




Are you guys scared at all about anyone stealing your art?



No. Not scared. It's of no immediate risk to me if someone downloads an image I created.



What would you guys do about it if it happens?




If there is clear intent to profit off my work, I may then decide to fight it through legal channels. What those channels are depends heavily on your location on this planet and the location of the infringer.


As mentioned, there really aren't technical ways to handle it. Copyright infringement is a legal construct--not a technical one. Watermarks are about as best you can do but, honestly, I've never seen a watermark make an image look better. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...