Saturday, April 21, 2018

How can I identify what font was used in a Photoshop layer when the font is not installed on my computer?


So I created a layout for a website a while back and now am getting back to the project. The issue is I have a small logo designed and I am trying to recreate the logo at a much larger resolution.


The issue is I needed a spade (of hearts, spades, clubs, diamonds) for the logo and ended up using a text spade. It's a special character (♠) and as such a lot of fonts don't include it. So I am getting a little error in the list of layers:


enter image description here


I feel like in the past whenever this happened I would click on it to select the layer the font drop down would show "[Font Name]" instead of "Font Name" where the square brackets would represent that the font wasn't found — maybe I'm crazy but I feel like I've had that happen before. In this case the font is showing "Lucida Sans" which is a font that lacks the spade character.



When I try to edit the text I get this error:



… and when I click OK the spade disappears and shows that default Windows square for character not found.


Is there any way for me to figure out what font was originally used?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...