Thursday, June 28, 2018

advertisement - engaging users in freemium services


there are applications nowadays that give options to perform certain in-app functionalities/services, but then link to an explanation of the functionality/service, followed by a statement saying "pay X dollars to access!"


in my own use, this never seems to engage me in actually wanting to use the functionality/service after clicking it because I felt deceived as a user. I thought it was something i could use within my current profile, but it wasn't (ergh!).


I'm wondering if there is a better alternative to getting users to buy-in to the premium functionalities/services of a free application. I'm trying to think of something that's not deceptive and carries some sense of gratification for buying in.


My first assumption would be to provide a "free trial" for the functionality/service, but is there any other alternatives you all have seen or used?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...