Wednesday, June 20, 2018

How do I paste into a layer's mask in Photoshop?


When I paste Cmd+V a new layer is created instead of pasting into the layer's mask that I created.


What I'm trying to do is take a black and white layer and make it the mask of a all white layer. This way I have a white cut-out of the shape in the black and white layer.


I'm coming from a background of working with GIMP, which to me is so much more simpler than Photoshop (really, Adobe?), however, GIMP is very slow on OSX so I'm trying to get used to PS.



Answer



Alt+click on the layermask icon in the layers palette, you can then edit it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...