Wednesday, June 20, 2018

style - Improving techniques independently: Description


How can I improve my technique in description?


Which things I should avoid in description?


How can I know, that I put "enough" description and will go to narration?


My description technique is bad (I think) in these cases:


a) I can't find balance between "small" and "too much" description


b) I can't describe things "as they are": I use "fantasy" words and tips for it. I try to give every object soul and see, what it will tell. Maybe this is too "childish". If so I want to change it.



c) sometimes I see, that narration is sinking in ENORMOUS description




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...