Sunday, June 10, 2018

legal - How can I get a copyright for my e-book?


As I'm a new writer, I don't know how to get copyright for my first book. Could anyone help me please? My book is an e-book in E-Pub format.




Answer



WHERE? It differs from country to country.


In the US, you can register it with the Copyright Office. In other countries usually there's some counterpart to that.


Note - you already own copyright for your book. It happened the moment you saved the final form, automatically. Still, if you want your rights protected, you need some means of proving that you own copyright to that work - otherwise it's just your word against word of whoever plagiarized your work. There is a number of methods of proving you own the copyright, but registering your work with the copyright office is about the most reliable and simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...