Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Create rounded button with inset edge, gradient and inset text with Gimp


This is my first attempt at seriously using Gimp. I am more of a front end developer slash developer myself and I have only used Gimp or Photoshop for very basic stuff such as removing backgrounds, cropping. So this the first time I want to do more and as I am planning on ditching PS I am trying to work with Gimp. Please see attached image


op-menu-buttons.


It shows simple rounded buttons with nice inner shades and a beveled background as well as inlaid text. How in Gimp do I:



  1. Create this shade gradient effect on the button?

  2. Do the inlaid/embossed inset text effect?

  3. Make the button background with the inset lines?



Thanks in advance for your help!


Update


Checking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1K3L7RdbKw for engraved text (engraved = embossed)



Answer



You will have to use gradient to get that kind of background. Go through this nice tutorial to understand how gradient works : http://mygimptutorial.com/round-web-20-button-with-a-metal-ring


And then play around according to your needs. Let me know if you need help with anything specific.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...