Saturday, June 30, 2018

modeling - Simple 3D Drawings


I'm hoping someone can point me in the direction of a 3D modelling program or some such.



I simply wish to draw/view: edges/lines; solid triangles; wireframe boxes. I also prefer to manually adjust individual vertices.


Everything I've found seems focused on high quality models or engineering and design. This is understandable but I can't find simple access to the features I require.


This is to help visualize a project I'm working on.



Answer



For questioners asking simple 3D freeware, I have several times recommended DesignSpark Mechanical. It's a bare bone simplification of SpaceClaim Engineer, but still has a remarkable value. Here are three different views of a random drawing that I made in one minute:


enter image description here


enter image description here


enter image description here


And here is another made for removing all suspects of the incorrectness of a simple manual drawing:


enter image description here



Like the free versions of commercial high cost software usually, there are plenty of planned limitations. Some of them:



  • There's no other 2D output than screenshots or printing. Fortunately there's some usable exports( see NOTE1).

  • Assembling prepared parts exactly with snaps is prohibited


NOTE1: Exporting as several widely used polygon meshes is possible. Printing the current view with Adobe PDF gives a PDF which is an Illustrator compatible vector drawing - change only *.pdf to *.ai in the Windows file explorer. The last omission in the freeware invalidization process rises the value of the software so much that it must be considered to be an error. I didn't even believe its existence until I one day accidentally opened a wrong PDF in Ai and saw it editable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...