Wednesday, May 27, 2015

branding - Can I make changes to the Facebook 'f' square logo like removing the background?


The Facebook Do's and Don'ts say that I'm not allowed to modify the logo.


I don't want to modify the logo, I just want to use the white 'f' without the blue backdrop. Does anyone know if this is permitted? I can't speak legal-ese!



Answer



What you'd like to do falls under "don't".


From page 68 of the Facebook Product Assets and Identity Guide:



DON'T



Modify the “f” logo in any way, such as changing design or color. If you are unable to use the correct color due to technical limitations, you may revert to black and white.


Snippet of branding guideline



Cutting the 'f' away from the backdrop is definitely an alteration.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...