Sunday, May 10, 2015

Given a color scheme, how do I apply to website design?


Just so there is something concrete to discuss, say I have this color scheme:


spring tones color palette


Source


There are many articles about how to pick a coherent color scheme based on complementary colors, monochromatic colors, etc. however, once I have a set of colors, how do I decide which color is the header, which color is link, which is background and text. Even if I decide that I want a light on dark or dark on light scheme, putting rest of the colors on screen can still make the site look ugly.


Are there rules of thumb or general guidelines that help one decide which colors go where?





No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...