Sunday, May 17, 2015

navigation - UX Patterns for Multi-Monitor Thick Client Apps


I am building an application (Thick Client/WPF) that will run on systems that vary in specifications from a single monitor to multiple monitors. I am trying to think through the navigation and screen placement of the multiple windows that the application will have. I want to be able to place the windows on an available monitor, but I also want a consistent pattern for the user so that the window shows up where expected.


So I am looking for any information or research on multi-monitor UX design that dives into navigation, window placement, notifications, etc. by an application. There are lots of research and articles about small screen navigation, but nothing I have found that talks about Multi-Monitors.


Any links or ideas would be appreciated


Thanks Paul




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...