Thursday, May 14, 2015

Which should be designed first: logo or website?


I am about to ask someone to create a website design for me but I am not sure if the website should drive the logo design or the logo drive the website design.


Should I have a logo design first or after?



Answer




Should I have a logo design first or after?




Neither.


You should have some business strategy created first. In doing this, you will gain some insights as to what your full branding strategy needs to be. A branding strategy will include a wide range of elements depending on your business and strategy.


Ultimately, it will include both a logo and a web site and, since neither have been created yet, it'd make the most sense that they are created in unison along with the overall brand identity.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...