Saturday, April 22, 2017

Choosing colors appropriately for red-green colorblindness


I want a green for "correct answer" and a red for "wrong answer". My current choice is rgb(144, 238, 144) for the green and rgb(250, 128, 114) for the red. (See wikilearner.net/wiki for the colours in action.)



I have been told that these colors are very close in contrast, making it difficult for a person with red-green color-blindness. What would be a better choice?



Answer



Whenever I have concerns about colour contrasts/accessibility for colour blindness, I head over here: http://www.visionaustralia.org.au/info.aspx?page=628.


Steve Faulkner's Colour Contrast Analyser has been eternally helpful to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...