Friday, April 28, 2017

Are there Material Design best practices for Filtering/Sorting in a Tab Layout?


What I’m trying to do I’m trying to find out what the Material Design best practices are for adding independent filter and sort options to EACH tab in a tab layout.



What I have proposed I’m proposing putting a Filter/Sort text button under the tabs next to the first list sub-header.


What examples I have found from Google Apps I have examples where the designer have put sorting options in the first list subheader.


I understand that Material Design doesn’t cover every aspect of UX, but there seems to be overlap when they suggest how to filter lists (i.e. List Title Filter).


Searching further this quite similar question to the below link, except I have sourced examples from Google in hope of the correct answer.


Mobile - Sorting Items on one tab


What I think is not a solution


List Title Filter is probably out of the question as it’s a tabbed page. Adding an icon in the Toolbar is not available as its already full of fixed content.


enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...