Monday, April 3, 2017

website design - What is a good general document size for web page mockups and prototypes?



I do mockups and prototypes of sites and designs all the time, but I've always wondered if there is a standard size or width I should be using. Generally I'll make my document either 1024, 1200, or 2560px wide, depending on what I'm doing.


So what do you think? What is a good or standard size for this?



Answer



For mockups and prototypes:



  • I use 960px with 940px usable area and 10px gutters on each side. This is pretty accurate to the 960.gs PSD and other format templates you can download.

  • I use Twitter Bootstrap for HTML prototyping and tend to make my photoshop wireframes resemble many of the bootstrap elements


Twitter Bootstrap now has responsive design features and media queries so you can prototype for large screens and mobile devices pretty effectively.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...