Monday, April 24, 2017

print design - Designing Flash Cards in Indesign Two-Sided Document



I am designing a template for 6 2.5" x 5" flash cards on an 8.5" x 11" landscape orientation in InDesign to be printed at a print shop. There is a front and back side design and they are aligned properly and have proper margins of 0.25" on each side. No bleed is set and will be cutting these manually.


My question is how do I set the document to print properly? When it prints, the document is ever so slightly off for the back side of the design. The design looks right in Indesign and the PDF looks right, but when it prints the double sided document is off due to the design having a border on the front and back side along the edge of the flash card.


I also see documents for size A4, would this help any?


Thanks. I don't know what I am missing and it is a perfectly good design file up until it is printed.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...