Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Triangle Pattern Background in Freeware


I am a webpage creator and I´d like to give my webpage a nice graphical twist by using traingle-patterns in the background. I´ve seen this on many other webpages before (for example this one) and I know I could to this with software like Photoshop. But, as I´m not very engaged in the graphic design branch, I haven´t purchased any software for this and I´m not planning on doing so. So, does anybody know how to do these triangle patterns in a free software like Inkscape or Gimp?


REMARK: My operating system is Windows 8, so I can´t use that apple software out there.




Answer



It would be easier to use Inkscape(dot)org which is free and Open Source. It's a vector image editor, so it's particularly suited to this kind of work, unlike GIMP which is a raster image editor.


In Inkscape, simply switch on the grid and enable snap to grid, then draw triangles using the Pen Tool, and select the fill colours you want.


Here's a very quick demonstration of what's possible.


enter image description here


Even better, you can use SVG's created in Inkscape directly in your web page - which means the image doesn't even need to be rasterized.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...