Wednesday, April 5, 2017

print design - What exactly is a presentation or pitch deck?


I have seen these terms in different places, so when a client is requesting a presentation or pitch deck to be delivered, does that mean a Powerpoint file specifically, or it can also imply a PDF?



Answer



"Presentation" and "Pitch Deck" both mean a slideshow. The most common types are PowerPoint and Google slides, but there are many more presentation programs.



I think a PPT file is clunky as a deliverable; it contains the original, editable slides along with the slideshow, and it takes several steps to start the slideshow. Unless your client wants to be able to do their own edits I would not send a .PPT. I think a multi page .PDF is perfectly acceptable, compact and fool proof.


Pitching the pitch is a whole other story.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...