Friday, February 9, 2018

data visualisation - What programs do designers use to illustrate reports' graphs and maps?


I am designing monthly and biweekly reports which have many maps and charts.


For the maps, I am using ArcGIS but for the graphs, I am using Excel which I don't think it's suitable and doesn't fit my needs. I can use Illustrator to design my charts but updating and maintaining them is time-consuming


I've looked at several other reports and I am amazed by the consistency of their graphs.


below is two of the examples. Are these using a software to produce these charts or it's completely AI and ID?


Example 1: http://visionofhumanity.org/app/uploads/2017/11/Global-Terrorism-Index-2017.pdf)


Example 2: https://www.humanitarianresponse.info/system/files/documents/files/wos_response_september_2017_171127_0.pdf




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...