Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Is there a way to sort fonts inside Photoshop, as "serif," "sans-serif," "script," etc.?


In my years as a graphic designer (and now web designer and developer), I've acquired a great number of fonts. I've deleted quite a few, but I still have over 800 fonts. Needless to say, I don't use many of them.


I'm looking to delete a lot of my fonts, and a way to organize (inside Photoshop) the ones that remain as:



  • Serif

  • Sans-serif

  • Script

  • etc...



I'm curious if this is possible. One idea I had was to rename the fonts, e.g. Times New Roman to Serif - Times New Roman, but I imagine this would cause more problems than it would solve.


I'd appreciate any insight — thank you!


Edit: I initially asked this question as a Windows user. I ended up using Font Explorer X Pro after moving to OSX, where I now manage a much smaller collection.


I'd still love a way to label/sort fonts serif, sans-serif, slab, script, et al. inside photoshop!




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...